Always on hand 24/7/365
Remote Hands and Technical Services are available at our data centres 24×7.
Experienced, qualified and motivated technical support engineers are here to work as an extension to our clients’ in-house technical resources. Immediate, on site response avoids the time and expense associated with sending engineers to site.
Remote Hands services are included as standard within your colocation service contract.
Remote Hands Support Includes:
- Opening or closing cabinets
- Performing hardware inventory of rack equipment
- Power cycling
- Reporting the status of indicator lights
- Resetting circuit breakers
- Checking cable connections
- Reporting physical conditions within the data centre
- Cable management
Additional services, referred to as Scheduled Engineering Services, can be scheduled for particular times of day to coincide with scheduled maintenance windows.
Scheduled Engineering Services include:
- Tape/Media rotation
- Physically installing or removing client equipment from racks
- Device labelling / inventory
- Connecting to client servers
- OS installations & updates
- Software installations
- Basic server administration tasks
- Configuration of OS settings according to client directions
- Kernel updates
- Software updates
- File system administration / diagnosis
- System troubleshooting
- System administration according to client provided procedure
- Hardware swapping – i.e. disk drive & memory
- Further services on request
Helpdesks are monitored 24/7 within the LDeX Network Operations Centre, which also monitors all aspects of the data centre environment.